VAMA is building strong ties within all facets of the greater Victoria area music community by way of:
- Providing membership benefits, utilizing resources and collaboration of its members, sponsors, and grants, and public contributions. ie – VAMA Swag, Music Education Programs, Discounts at local businesses, Artist Spotlight and Recognition in several formats, “available” Musician Pool for fill ins, Stage Sharing opportunities with local and national acts, Business Plan Assistance, Grants, Newsletter, Free Admission to most VAMA Events, inclusion on VAMA Compilation Album, a voice in the inner workings of VAMA, future Financial Assistance and Group Health Insurance options for VAMA Members, etc.
- Organizing multiple events, catering to the needs and desires of musicians of all ages and genres and the businesses associated, where in which artists, venues and businesses have an opportunity to trade ideas, songs, stories and great times, and showcase on the “Big Stage” alongside national acts. ie – Festivals, Open Mic Jams, Band Camp, Social Mixers, Awards Ceremonies, Meet & Greet Events, Benefits, etc.
- Regularly promoting all related area musicians, bands, businesses, educators, and events on multiple platforms. ie – Print, Radio, Television, Social Media, Signage, Newsletters, Rack Cards, Interviews, Documentaries, etc.
- Creating more opportunities and increasing revenue for area businesses and musicians to profit through mutual cooperation. ie – Member Discount Cards, access to a concise list of Venues/Businesses/Artists, Spotlight Features in publications, Fundraising for Charitable Entities/Educators/Struggling Businesses/Emerging Artists, etc.
- Serving as the voice of local music business to our communities and related organizations. ie – association with Cities, Chamber of Commerces, Preservation Societies, Educators, Victoria Art League, First Responders, VIFF, Texas Music Office, Association with other similar music non profits located in and out of Texas, etc.